TRIPLICATED TURBOMACHINERY OVERSPEED PROTECTION SYSTEM
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT DELTA FOR PRICING AND SIZING INFORMATION
Copyright © Triconex. All rights reserved. Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
- 2oo3 - The TurboSentry's 2oo3 (two-out-of-three voting) logic meets and exceeds the reliability requirements of API 612 (Section 22.214.171.124).
- Voting Schemes to Fit Each Application - while designed for TMR voting, the TurboSentry can also be used as a two-out-of-two dual overspeed trip system if compliance with API 612 is not required.
- Easy Set Up - easy online calibration and test of each trip setpoint and speed measurement circuit (using an external calibration source) provides simple set up and operation without fear of shutting down the turbine.
- Total Response Time Less Than or Equal To 30 msec - (elapsed time from overspeed detection through decision making logic) initiates the trip signal for rapid detection.
- Wide Speed Range - from 200 to 30,000 RPM allows the TurboSentry to protect a virtually any turbomachinery train.
- Redundant Power Supplies - accepts one or two external 18-32 VDC power sources.
- Accuracy to 0.02% of speed - the highest measurement accuracy available for overspeed protection.
- Peak-hold on highest detected speed (key-lock protected) stored for turbine analysis.
- Available in both a panel mount and a NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Two seperate connections for simplex or redundant 18-32 VDC power sources.
- MANUFACTURER: Triconex
The TurboSentry was designed to provided
a cost-effective overspeed protection solution that is easy
to use, maintain and operate. With the elimination of the
cumbersome mechanical trip bolt, the TruboSentry incorporates
triplicated 2oo3 voting design to assure safe and reliable
triplicated operation. Designed to measure turbine speed from
three independent pickups, the TurboSentry is a pre-engineered
product with user-friendly faceplate that allows simple set up
and maintenance. All parameters, such as set points and number
of gear teeth, are easily configured from the faceplate without
need for any external equipment. The system meets or exceeds
the reliability requirements of API 612 regulations and has the
flexibility and advanced capability to meet future operational